- Worked in the financial services industry since 1978 with an extensive background in various roles on the buy side
- Began as a Commodities Analyst and Trader at Swiss-based Erlanger and Company
- Became a Fund Manager at First Investors Corporation and managed a natural resource fund as well as an option writing fund
- Moved in 1984 to Oppenheimer where he managed three mutual funds which were each ranked as the top performer over a five-year period by Lipper
- More recently, worked with well-known titans of the hedge fund world including Michael Steinhardt, George Soros, and Stanley Druckenmiller (Duquesne)
- He has held a Chartered Financial Analyst designation since 1979
- Named Mutual Fund Manager of the Year in 1987 by The Institute of Econometric Research given his performance during the crash and was jointly named Mutual Fund Manager of the Year with Stanley Druckenmiller that same year by Sylvia Porter’s Personal Finance Magazine
Given Milton Berg’s extensive background on both the buy and sell side, he is able to offer clients a unique perspective. Prior to forming Milton Berg Advisors in 2012, Milton had kept his research proprietary and offered it exclusively to colleagues at the hedge funds where he worked. His intention has been to advance Wall Street’s independent research offerings by providing his analysis and conclusions to select institutional clients through his own firm, Milton Berg Advisors, LLC.
Milton publishes his outlook of the equity markets, the bond markets, commodities, and various other themes through in-depth reports featuring unique charts and tables for readers to review historical instances of market action that relate to the current environment. In addition, he develops strategy pieces and presents major investment ideas — highlighting individual stock ideas from time to time.
Milton Berg Advisors primarily serves institutional investors across the financial services spectrum. Our clients include family offices, RIA’s and wealth management teams, long-only funds, hedge funds, banks, pension, and endowment funds. The service is not targeted for retail investors, however it may be suitable for certain accredited high-net worth investors.
P.O. Box 547
Wayne, PA 19087